RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: US Version
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:42 am 
Virgin
Virgin

It is well known that Super Heroes is not in the US version of the film. But there is something which is confusing me. I have read that the original US release cut out Super Heroes and replaced Science Fiction/Double Feature reprise and the Time Warp instrumental with a reprise of the Time Warp, but the optional 'US version' on the Blu-Ray cuts out Super Heroes but keeps Science Fiction/Double Feature reprise and the Time Warp instrumental.

The Super Heroes cut in the Time Warp reprise ending is smooth and seamless, but the 'US version' cuts abruptly and noticeably. It sounds like it was very poorly done.

The problem I have with this is that the cut was made was because the original ending was considered too depressing and the Time Warp reprise makes it more upbeat, but in the 'US version' instead of the depressing tone being removed completely it is only lessened and doesn't make it any more upbeat with Science Fiction/Double Feature reprise intact.

Any ideas why this edit was done in the 'US version' instead of having the Time Warp reprise ending?