The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:43 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Over the years there has been a lot of discussion about a true sequel. Here's what I do know - and would like to here from others...

As we all know, "Shock Treatment" was originally intended to be a true sequel and through time, trouble etc. became what it is today. I lvoe it - but it's not a sequel! Just the conintuing adventures. (And don't you think that the Criminiologist/Judge Oliver Wright are one and the same charater? Afterall - a social scientist could be a judge? Or am I just pissing into the wind?)

Not long after the success of the 15th Anniversary, Richard announced he had written a script for an actual sequel, at that time call "Revenge of The Old Queen". It was also announced that it was in pre-production. Simply put, that meant the studio had purchased the property - but didn't mean they WOULD produce it. (Happens all the time - now the film can't be produced without Fox involvement - and they don't seem to be interested.) At the time of the pre-production announcement, some of the plot-line was announced by the fan club - to include that Magenta get's killed, Dr. Scott is Gay, Janet has twins... Hmmmmmm.... sound much like the story of "Rocky Horror Shows His Heels" that we all read about in the old "Transylvanian" issues. It is likely that Richard did make demo recordings of a few (if not all) of the songs he intended. That being said, the songs are now owned by Fox studio due to copyright law - it all of the information is true that they purchased the property.

Meanwhile down at the ranch...

While the studio and fan club were making these announcements...

I had received a call from a gentlement by the name of David James, wanting to have me read the script he felt Fox should produce as the legitmet sequel to RH. He was sending out a certain number of copies to "Die Hard Fans" that he could get in touch with - and asking them to send letters to the studio. (I still have the original script number as #6 along with the letter for a "letter writing campaign.) I agreed to read his script, but quickly contacted Sal - who knew nothing about this. When I received the script, I sent a copy to him. I don't know what happened from his court after that!

I read it. It's an interesting piece of fiction - but certainly not what I would like to see as a sequel. It isn't Richard! It isn't his music that would make us tap our feet. It ain't right! But, as a piece of Rocky Horror history (and from what I've been hearing and reading - a Rocky Horror urban myth that I can prove really did happen.)

Anyone out there also have a copy of the script? If so - what copy is in the upper corner of yours? What is the color of the cover page? I can be very specific to even prove I have the original #6 copy.

If anyone who wants a copy, I'll spend some time re-typing the who thing - as I don't want to take this apart. (How I lost pgs from my RHPS film script once). And since this can't be copyrighted, I don't mind sharing it if it hasn't been made available before. (Has it??)

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:57 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Sorry for anyone who saw this posting with the original title. The actual title should have been called "The Rocky Horror Picture Show Part II Film Script " and then included the rest of my information.

I will be posting the same information under both titles and all information I gain, until our administrator has time to delete the first.

Many thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:02 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

So was the rumours about doing the show in Germany false?
It used to be on Richard O'Brien's crusade that this was confirmed true.

Oh...I have no idea what will happen to the Rocky sequel.
But let's all hope it's good.
Because I'm dying to hear Richard O'Brien's new music material!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:09 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

i read the script to Revenge Of The Old Queen...it was so sad! if you must know, Magenta is dead!!! no!!! i started bawling when i read the reason....and poor Riffy in it too! the songs from it are amazing though but i miss Magenta and Bradykinz Dx

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 am 
Techie
Techie

Yeah, apparently Patricia wasn't very happy when she found out that Magenta was dead...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Not sure if what I read was the true script, I think it was though. I dind't like it, but I also realize I might not have liked Rocky Horror if I just read the script with out seeing the movie.....no Columbia in it would've killed me though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 am 
Techie
Techie

While I can't divulge details, I do know that "Revenge of the Old Queen" was written as a direct sequel to "Rocky Horror Shows His Heels" - an intentional move to wipe "Shock Treatment" from the canon.

I shudder to think that RHSHH almost became a stage show a little while back (as "Rocky Horror: The Second Coming")... I desperately hope that Richard made MASSIVE changes, because RHSHH was a strong contender for the worst fucking script ever written by a human being. I mean, any gripes one has about Shocky... they're nothing compared to the jaw-dropping awfulness of Heels.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Around January I got 2 copies of RHSHH in a collection I purchased. I have been collecting RH stuff since the early 90s and it wasn't until nearly 20 years later that I actually had a chance to read this. It is indeed a huge mess.

With regards to ROTOQ, while the scripts were not in this collection there was a lot of correspondence about it including a produced pamphlet the producers used when trying to shop it around.

TheLazenby wrote:
While I can't divulge details, I do know that "Revenge of the Old Queen" was written as a direct sequel to "Rocky Horror Shows His Heels" - an intentional move to wipe "Shock Treatment" from the canon.

I shudder to think that RHSHH almost became a stage show a little while back (as "Rocky Horror: The Second Coming")... I desperately hope that Richard made MASSIVE changes, because RHSHH was a strong contender for the worst fucking script ever written by a human being. I mean, any gripes one has about Shocky... they're nothing compared to the jaw-dropping awfulness of Heels.