The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Not sure if this is the right place to post or not, seeing as I'm not out to buy or sell anything - so any admins feel free to move my post if it's better suited in another section.

Last Saturday I came upon a Rocky Horror cast CD single / EP at a local fleamarket (as posted about in my blog); it's from the 1996 Chateu Neuf production in Oslo, Norway. Didn't even know it existed so it was a fun surprise, and I of course bought it. Initially I thought it was from the production of the show in Oslo from 2000 which my brother had attended, until I found out it was from this earlier show.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else knew about this release, and if so if they have some information about it. I'm guessing it was either sold at the show, or maybe given out as a promotional item. It doesn't appear to have a record label, only sponsors. It also advertises for the musical's premiere, so I'm guessing it was maybe put out before the actual show started as a promotional item.

Any information about this would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I've only seen it appear on eBay twice. I had no idea it even existed prior to seeing the eBay listing a couple years ago. I believe the winning bids were USD $200+ on each of them, which I certainly helped to drive up. My assumption is that yes, it's probably a promotional single. I believe there's a brief mention of this cast in the updated liner notes of the 1977 Norsk cast CD reissue (http://www.rockymusic.org/recording/norsk-cd.php#liner):

Quote:
I 1996 ble det satt opp en studentoppsetning på Betong (kjelleren i Chateau Neuf) med blant andre Matthias Eckhof i en av rollene. Han gjorde rollen som Jan (Brad), og fikk senere rollen som Frank-N-Furter i nyoppsetningen på Centralteateret i mai 2000, som så langt er den siste oppsetningen. Hvor og når Rocky Horror Show settes opp neste gang får tiden vise, men det er ganske sikkert at forestillingen før eller siden vil komme til et lokale nær deg!

I of course was dependent on the Google translation of that, but their Norwegian to English translation was relatively readable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
If there’s any interest I may be persuaded to upload it, seeing as how it’s ten plus years old and out of production and only available through fleamarkets.

Yes, please! I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. I'd be happy to host MP3s and/or FLACs for it here, also.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Riff Raff wrote:
I've only seen it appear on eBay twice. I had no idea it even existed prior to seeing the eBay listing a couple years ago. I believe the winning bids were USD $200+ on each of them, which I certainly helped to drive up.

Holy... ! 200 USD? Would be very tempted to sell it if I could get that kind of money for it. Figured it'd only be worth 50 USD at most. I'm sure people wouldn't be willing to pay as much if it was available for free online, though.

I'll let you know if / when I post it, though!

Anyone else interested in hearing it here, or just you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 am 
Slut
Slut

Not true...Rocky fans (myself included) have been known to pay rediculous amounts for cds/lps that are available for free online. I try much harder to control my spending habits these days but there are times when something comes along that I've been looking for and I spend whatever it takes. I think the most I have spent recently, within the last couple of years anyway, is $75 on the vinyl Icelandic cast. Which I had on CD already but knowing it is more rare on vinyl just makes me want to add it to your collection that much more.

And yes I think a lot of us would love to here your CD. I know I have been very curious about it since I saw it on ebay...and was outbid...because it went up to $200.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Evil Eivind wrote:
I'm sure people wouldn't be willing to pay as much if it was available for free online, though.

That's strangely not the case at all. I've posted many rare audio tracks here, and the originals are still worth just as much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:08 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Okay, finally decided to post it, and it's available here. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:04 pm 
Slut
Slut

Thanks so much! I am thrilled to finally be able to hear this...Science Fiction reminds me a bit of the New Australian Cast or the New Icelandic...let us know if you ever decide to put this on ebay.