RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: F'nF it's all over...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:42 am 
Virgin
Virgin

So, we all know that his mission was a failure, (lifestyle extremities and all that), but, does anyone (besides RR & M), know what that mission in fact was? I'm curious as hell...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 pm 
Slut
Slut

I always assumed it was something like taking over earth by changing everyone over to Franks lifestyle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:15 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Groupie wrote:
I always assumed it was something like taking over earth by changing everyone over to Franks lifestyle.

Sounds to me more like the lifestyle was what got in the way of accomplishing the mission...whatever that was...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:49 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

I think he was supposed to take over the Earth and enslave us. That's usually the goal, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:36 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

The mission was definitley not to convert the whole of humanity to a transsexual lifestyle, as evidenced in the lyrics:
"Frank N Furter, it's all over,
Your mission is a failure,
YOUR LIFESTYLE TOO EXTREME...
"

There are two possible mission aims as far as I can see:
1)the enslavement of humanity
As the sonic transducer turns individuals instantly into statues & statues can't fight back, this machine would render humans vulnerable to capture & enslavement.

2)The use of humans as experimantal subjects in the reanimation of dead tissue
There are a number of "Frankenstein" references in Rocky Horror:
- Eddie looks like a rock 'n' roll Frankenstein monster.
- The song "I Can Make You a Man", which follows the bringing to life of an apparently inanimate Rocky, alludes to the creation of life as an alternative to modification of living creatures.
- Magenta's hair is reminiscent of Elsa Lanchester's in the "Bride of Frankenstein"movie
- When Riff Raff & Magenta reappear following the floorshow,with Lanchester-type hairstyles.

The transsexual lifestyle appears to be a normal part of the society from which they originate on the planet of Transsexual Transylvania. Why would they wish to enforce this onto a society with whom they have had no other interaction? However, if their species was dying out faster than they could reproduce, the reanimation of those who had expired would seem a noble cause and thus require subject matter for use in experimentation.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 am 
Groupie
Groupie

I always thought it was to simply observe human behavior. He failed that when he killed Eddie to build Rocky. He let his personal desires interfere with his mission. This would explain why Frank, Riff Raff, Magenta and Columbia are disguised as earthlings at Betty Munroe's wedding. Just observe - don't interfere.

Also, Dr. Scott verified all this when he said "society must be protected" and Commander Riff Raff responds, "Exactly, Dr. Scott ..."

Frank N Furter just became a rouge agent and had failed his original mission.

Well, that's my theory anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

To answer the question literally, there was no mission, it's just a lyric. The pieces of Rocky don't add up if you try to take them literally (how is it that Brad has zero idea Dr. Scott is working for the government investigating UFOs, but he knows all all about that branch's most secret weapon-in-development, the sonic transducer?).

But if I were to field a guess for the fun of it, I'd say his mission was biochemical research, and that is why Riff Raff didn't call an end to things until after Rocky's creation.