The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:19 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Has anyone else here purchased Raynor Burton's Rocky Horror the First Night? I ask because I didn't see any info on his site about when the item should arrive. I purchased it through Pay Pal, but though I got a confirmation for that, I've never received any conforation saying when the book should arrive. Any guesses? (I live in the US.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 am 
Techie
Techie

How long has it been?

I paid with Paypal as well and I think it took a little less than a month to arrive at my doorstep. It''s a really great read. You won;t be disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh yeah, I need to order a copy of that also...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:26 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Yeah, I live in Canada and it came within a couple weeks for me actually. It is definitely a MUST if you are a hard core fan. Especially of the original stage show. It literally answers so much, and so many awesome stories. Also as a stand alone book it is quite good. I had been waiting for something like this, and it more then fulfilled.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:16 am 
Virgin
Virgin

It didn't take long for me to get my copy. No more than a couple week. A very good read. You won't be disappointed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:27 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Thanks all. It's arrived. Pretty neat, if little new info. Wish there were more Original Cast pictures. But I'm glad to have it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Hey guys, how did you order the book through paypal? I went directly to the site and clicked on the link to purchase the book and it looks like the only way to order it is by check. I couldn't find any link or info about using paypal or credit card to order this book.

Can anyone help me out as to where the link is or could somone post the link for the book order through paypal here?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:51 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

I went to his website and a copy of th ebook is in the shopping cart adn I click on the shopping cart icon and then click on checkout and myu information comes up and the only option is "to pay by check (cheque) click here" adn no other options. Please somone tell me how to order it paying with Paypal or credit card?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:00 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

I already had a Pay Pal account set up, so I think they just charged me through that. The odd thing is that, when you're done, there's no email saying "Thank you for your purchase. Your item should arive in blah-blah-blah. Please contact us if there is a problem." a la Amazon.

Tell you the truth, if you're a long-time fan, the book isn't much. If you've read The Rocky Horror Scrapbook, The Rocky Horror Show Book, or Cosmic Light (which also is somewhat overrated IMHO, while still being much more informative than Rocky Horror: From Concept to Cult), or some combination thereof, not a lot of new info. Some, but not much. Most of the photos are from later productions, about which I couldn't care less. And none of the photos are well reproduced. There's a nice one of Curry and Bourton in costume. Tiny, but nice.

I wish someone would reproduce that songbook from the Roxy production, with its gorgeous color and black and white photos, including a two-page layout of the set. Yummy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

I ordered my copy through paypal weeks ago April 27th to be exact....I was wondering how long it took for anyone wlse on here that's ordered it and if I should be worried yet.