RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: Sequal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Hey Just watched the film again I love it more every time but I cant help but wonder each time what their home planet would be like and what happens to Brad Janet and Dr Scott afterwards. What would you make of a sequal that showed this and what do you think would happen

Post subject: Re: Sequal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Clearly they would have gotten married, returned to their conservative roots, and become fanatical followers of a Denton UHF station. It's all implied in the first movie. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:52 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

They made an equal...Shock Treatment! There is a sequel script too to Rocky Horror and I did have it, but I got rid of the entire script because I hated it and I'm glad they never made a sequel and haven't made a remake! Keep it in the theatres!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

The trouble with a sequel is that it presumes the first movie/play was the story of Brad and Janet, and their experience in Frank N. Furter's castle. It wasn't. It was a nostalgic recreation of trash culture cliches from a particular perspective. And I think O'Brien is so far removed from that perspective at this point that he's not in a place to write it. Had the original show closed after six weeks and the same group decided half a year later to have a good time again and do a sequel, maybe a worthy follow up would have ensued. But the stars have moved into quite a different alignment since that time. I'm not sorry. I'm quite satisfied with what we have.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:01 am 
Groupie
Groupie

It's too late to write a sequel, it's too many too years later and we should be happy we have one classic film and as just as good "equal" film!