RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: RHPS: The Director's Cut
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm 
Techie
Techie

In case you haven't already spotted this on Facebook or RockyHorror.org, here it is...
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=IT0KDIW8

This is my creation, "Rocky Horror: The Unwrapped Director's Cut"! Differences in this version:
* Black and white up to "The Time Warp"
* Patricia Quinn sings both versions of "Science Fiction" - complete with resynched lips
* Subliminal flashes in "Sweet Transvestite"
* The missing portion of Frank's 'creation' speech is restored!
* "Once In A While" is seamlessly inserted, in the best quality yet!
* The infamous Riff and Brad scene is included, digitally recolored and with new lighting!
* Magenta's flashbacks are blue, as in the original film prints
* "Super Heroes" is black and white, as the shooting script dictates
* Mono soundtrack throughout - including the new audio

A somewhat higher quality version is on Demonoid as well, and I have top quality DVD-R's available for anyone who can spare a few bucks for the shipping. Enjoy!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Techie
Techie

Well, it turns out the Internet nazis have shut down Megavideo, so by all means, go to Demonoid!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:40 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

I would like to see this too. New link?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:10 pm 
Techie
Techie

sacolton, since the Demonoid version doesn't look too special (I tried), would you rather just have it as a DVD-R?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:03 pm 
Slut
Slut

any update/reload of the link? Since megaupload is gone..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:49 am 
Groupie
Groupie

Well, the version of Once in A While as seen now is likely not how it was in the original print (I don't think the flashbacks were there, as they aren't in the screenplay and seem out of place with the style of the rest of the movie; I think the footage from the start of the song was lost and Adler just had something put there in its place). Do you intercut the song with Janet's arriving in the lab, as the screenplay indicates? And why have the movie go to color at the Time Warp when the movie wasn't supposed to switch until Frank's entrance (I know it's not that way on the dvd, but that's how it was intended). Don't get putting Pat's voice on Science Fiction, which was never the plan for the movie. Do you replace the lips with the images from the movies referenced? Just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 pm 
Techie
Techie

"Once In A While" starts when she pulls the lever, I used the resynched lips because everyone else has already done the 'science fiction clips' intro (which is boring) and Pat personally liked the lips, and it switches to color at the Time Warp as on the DVD because making the first 1/3 of a movie black and white is silly; and if the color arrives with Frank, having it leave with the castle flying away makes no sense.

Short answer, I made it how I wanted to, it was never meant to be definitive, but a lot of people enjoy it so that's all that concerns me. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am 
Groupie
Groupie

A DVD-R would be terrific! I'll send you a private message with details.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:12 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

I hate when people who recut the film using the black and white idea AND KEEPING THE LIPS BLACK AND WHITE!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with these people? The lips were never going to be black and white and that idea was only made up after they abandoned the classic clips montage. THEREFORE the lips should stay in color and then go black and white as the wedding scene starts.

Ive seen too many of these fan made erroneous videos and extended cuts. If you are going to do it then try and do it a little better.

i saw the extended cut here and its mildy amusing but I will say that the once in a while scene was seemlessly cut together with the rest of the film. Kudos for that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 am 
Techie
Techie

Jesus, NINE exclamation points?

Someone seriously needs to cut out the caffeine. (Not to mention, having a movie go from color to black and white to color to black and white in long chunks would be so incredibly awkward it would ruin the movie.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 am 
Groupie
Groupie

TheLazenby wrote:
(Not to mention, having a movie go from color to black and white to color to black and white in long chunks would be so incredibly awkward it would ruin the movie.)

My point exactly. Watching the lips in B/W is like watching the entire film of Wizard of Oz in B/W.....it shouldn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 am 
Groupie
Groupie

I agree the lips in black and white don't work. It actually might have been interesting for the dvd easter egg version to have switched the movie to black and white as the lips dissolved into the cross at the top of the spire.

I still don't get why the dvd has the movie going to color at the Time Warp or why it doesn't revert to black and white after the castle takes off.

As for personal cuts of Rocky, I agree, do what you want and enjoy it. And I imagine plenty of others will enjoy it, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

"The proof is in the pudding." (anon) :lmao: