The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Australia is notorious for not releasing cast recordings of shows and not transferring those that do exist to a digital format.
12 years ago I went looking for good copies of various records, to transfer to CD.
A friend found an unopened Australian cast recording of Jesus Christ Superstar. I recorded it's first play, and then spent 6 months with a digital mixer, removing every pop and bit of surface noise, one at a time.
Having met one of the original guitarists, I was told that 2 of the tracks were recorded at a slower pace than they were on stage. Pilate's Dream and Gethsemane. Using pitch controlled audio acceleration, I was able to bring the tracks back to the proper speed, without altering the pitch.
I scanned the covers, altered them slightly for better viewing at CD cover size.
I sent copies to fans of JCS in the USA, and it wasn't long before I was having it offered back to me by online fans, unaware of the work I did.
I have seen it on sale on eBay, and even available on this site for download.
If you've ever wondered where it came from, or why 2 songs are faster than the vinyl, now you know.
For confirmation, join a JCS fan site and ask who made the JCS Australian 1972 wavs, and you will find it's Mark from OZ. :D