The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:21 am 
Techie
Techie

SO this is awesome. Something for everyone.

Most who know me here may not know I am a nightclub DJ and very much enjoy what I consider to be good house music. (I know many of you don't consider house..or techno as many call it... to be music at all, well, poo on you. I like it)

Those of you who do know me probably know that my other favorite film besides Rocky Horror is another cult classic from 1974 called Phantom Of The Paradise.

After it being out for almost two years, I finally bought the Phantom Of The Paradise Special Edition DVD from France.

I pop in the extras DVD, everything is written in French. I see one of the extra features labeled, in English, "Bob Sinclar-I Feel For You". For those of you who don't know, Bob Sinclar is an utlra famous french house music producer and "I Feel For You" was one of his bigger tracks from a few years ago (One of my favorite tracks by him), (it is not a cover of the Prince penned Chaka Kahn classic)

Anyway, I'm like, "What the hell is Bob Sinclar doing on my Phantom Of The Paradise DVD?" I select the feature. Bob Sinclar is apperently a Phantom fan as well, his video for "I Feel For You" is a complete rip off of Phantom with Bob playing the role of Swan.

I was blown away. I didn't expect that in a million years. I didn't even know there was a video for "I Feel For You", let alone a Phantom themed video. My penis is so hard right now.

I find this so odd because my two worlds usually don't cross paths like this. Most Rocky people don't dig house music, and most house heads don't know about or don't really dig cult films. (I guess Quad from NY would b one of the exceptions. I understand she is or was quite involved in the club scene up there.)

It's odd, but, exciting. I so wish I now could actually talk to Bob Sinclar to give him props on the video. I doubt that will happen though. He's one of the biggest names in house music in the world.

That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

sailorcartman wrote:
I finally bought the Phantom Of The Paradise Special Edition DVD from France.

I keep meaning to do that myself...

sailorcartman wrote:
Anyway, I'm like, "What the hell is Bob Sinclar doing on my Phantom Of The Paradise DVD?" I select the feature. Bob Sinclar is apperently a Phantom fan as well, his video for "I Feel For You" is a complete rip off of Phantom with Bob playing the role of Swan.

Hehe, that's awesome. It's always nice when multiple hobbies/interests collide like that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 pm 
Slut
Slut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn7SB5g2FVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:23 pm 
Techie
Techie

Huh. That first scene with the text about the mysterious Bob sinclar isn't in the version on the DVD.