The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 am 
Slut
Slut

A question just occurred to me. Are there different mixes of the songs from Shock Treatment? What I mean is are the versions in the film the same as the cd or, like Rocky, are there significant differences. I love the soundtrack to Shock Treatment - I had an "nth" generation tape copy, full of hiss years before I saw the film. The film itself is, I feel, conceptually brilliant, but seriously flawed. I understand the production hell it went through, and am glad it exists at all, it just needed more time in development to iron out the script etc. Anyway must dash. Toodles.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:15 pm 
Techie
Techie

No, unlike Rocky, Shocky doesn't have enormous differences.

There are a couple - namely, "Thank God I'm A Man" has an extra verse on the soundtrack, and (though not commonly used) there is a film mix of "Farley's Song" where Farley's vocals are mixed to sound as though they're coming from the TV. Kind of wish they used that one more often!

It's too buried in the background to really tell, but I have a feeling "Carte Blanche" (the body of the song, before Janet) is a different mix in the film than the soundtrack. What's heard on the radio is very piano-heavy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:57 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

I was thinking of buying this on vinyl because over the years I have just stick to the various bootlegs I have. Some from the soundtrack CD, some ripped from vinyl and some bought from Amazon Digital and I have to be honest, they all sound pretty grungy and to be honest, low quality. Even the track Shock Treatment which was one of the ones I bought from Amazon on MP3, I don't know if it's just the drums but it just seems very low quality or the other sounds used. With RHPS, the soundtrack really came alive and you could tell that it was real instruments used and i just find Shock Treatment very bassy, very grungy, nothing really stands out. Is that the way it is meant to be?

I don't suppose there is any chance of the album being remastered or the instrumentals released?