The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Just added a bunch of new MP3 sound files, for a couple of Rocky Horror Show casts in Spanish, that were contributed by James Norman:

1. 1986 Mexican Cast ("El Show De Terror De Rocky")

This is from the 10th Anniversary production of "El Show De Terror De Rocky" in Mexico. Some information about it is available from Julissa's web site: http://julissa.com.mx/1Teatro_Ing/1986_Rocky_Horror/. Julissa directed, produced, and did translation for the Original Mexican Cast in 1976, while also performing on stage as "Chelo" (Janet). For the 10th Anniversary, she (only) directed the show while another actress played Chelo.

This is a VERY good recording - easily soundboard quality. There are some static sound dropouts in "Veo Una Luz" (Over at the Frankenstein Place), but that was the only real defect I noticed. If you're familiar with the 1976 Mexican Cast though, this production is quite similar. The ordering of Sweet T and Time Warp was switched to the movie order, some mid-80s electronic instrumentation was added, and Planet Schmanet was also recorded. Apart from that, it's the same Spanish translation we're already familiar with. Complete with "Chelo y Carlos" (Brad and Janet) and "Baile Del Sapo" (the Time Warp equivalent that I'm told translates as something more like "Dance of the Frog").

2. 1994 Argentinian Cast

Not as great sounding as the previous recording, but still quite good. This is a different Spanish translation than the Mexican casts, and Brad and Janet actually retain their names in this one. I don't actually know much of anything about this production. But give it a listen, and let us know what you think. Enjoy!

Post subject: Argentina
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:22 pm 
Techie
Techie

I am soooo pisssed. I has that Argentina show on video and ig was stolen form me. I sent it to a chap in the UK who I had been trading with so he could convert it to NTSC for me. \

He claims he sent it the orginal and a NTSC copy back to me that never showed up. He also claims to have sent me a at least a copy of the NTSC on 3 r 4 occasions that also neer showed up.

It is odd becasue my first trade with him was a New Zealand lp for a copy of the 1991 Iclandic on vinyl. I sent me mine and he sent his, no problemd.

It jsut suck cause that Argentina video was on of the few boots I actually paid good money for. I got it from some dude in Argentina for like $100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:22 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Ew. The Argentinian cast is HORRENDOUS. Just...bad. I loveeeee the 1986 cast a lot, but the Argentinian cast...no, thank you.

Oh, and Shawn, you may or may not remember me, but we e-mailed for a while about some bootleg videos of the revival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:55 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

ALSO, 'Baile del Sapo'='Dance of the Toad'. I guess the jumping reminded them of toads? The opening translates as...

Time flies very quickly, one becomes mad--Listen to all those that want to be saved! I have the solution! I remember, in my other life, something that illuminated me. He told him...DANCE OF THE TOAD.

Yeah...really weird...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:38 am 
Techie
Techie

Erik,

I wouldn't know if it's bad. I NEVER GOT TO SEE IT!!!! ;)

However, whether it's bad or not, I'd still like to have it in my collection. I have LOTS of baaaaad productions of RHS on video. I actually think the Broadway revival is god awful, but I have like 5 different shows on video of it.

Besides, I actually PAID for this one. It would be really nice to see it.

I have the 86 mexican revival on video and actually quite enjoy some parts of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:10 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

I was actually just talking about the cast album...! :) I'm sure it wasn't as bad in person as it was on album, and I'd be angry to if I got it stolen from me like you did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:59 am 
Techie
Techie

Interestsing tidbit concerning "Baile Del Sapo". In the VHS I have seen of the 1986 revival, they have three big projection screens in the background that are used various times during the show.

During "Baile Del Sapo" it looks very much to me like they are projecting shadows of dancing frogs on the screen. I am not lying. Blew My Mind.