RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: Tom Snyder Show segment
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Was just adding this 1979 television segment to the video archive (a contribution from Lestatkatt):

http://www.rockymusic.org/showvideo/c12 ... 25a823.php

I'd never seen it before. It has interviews with some of the usual suspects (Sal Piro, Dori Hartley) but also talks to some behind the scenes people I don't normally expect. The owners of the 8th Street Playhouse, Mark Hopper and Steve Hirsch, go on about how 20th Century Fox is gouging them by taking 80% of the box office. That's really high for a movie that had already been out four years by that time. A Google search for Steve Hirsch also turned up old drama on him from the NYC cast boards: http://rhps.intracommunities.org/viewtopic.php?t=14. I expect that it would take a lot of misbehavior to make a large group of people badmouth someone who died of AIDS, but he managed to do it! :lol:

There's also an interview with Ashley Boone Jr., VP of Marketing at 20th Century Fox. He brags about Fox spending only $14,000 on advertising Rocky Horror through 1979, and then goes on to mention that they were raking in $100,000 a week of almost pure profit from Rocky. Was it just me, or did he seem really smug about how well Fox was doing on Rocky with almost no effort? At any rate, it's a bit more interesting than the usual TV segment on RHPS. And you get to see Sal Piro dancing around as Janet. :shock:

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Thanks for posting those videos I sent you. I'm glad to help out the community! :) Still my favorite movie. - Michael Lestatkatt :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:23 am 

Hope I can add something here. I'm a long time Rocky fan. Thank you so much for posting this clip. I knew Ashley Boone very well- he was a great guy and always looked like he was going to laugh it might look smug here, but wasn't that (He knew how to party...) He loved movies- Including Rocky and was one of the few people I have met in Hollywood that bothered to do something for me when I started my career a looong time ago. I also knew Tim Deegan- does anyone know what happened to him? Those were the days at Fox......I bet Ashley's having a hell of a mellow time right now- hope heaven has other movies other then The Party in their VCR's.......