RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.rockymusic.org/mp3scat/stripper/

All MP3 and FLAC sound files for 'The Stripper' have been replaced. The new sound files are taken from a laser turntable source and sound MUCH better. If you've previously downloaded these, I'd recommend giving the new sound files a listen.

The Stripper is a stage musical produced in 1982 by the Sydney Theatre Company, adapted by Richard O'Brien from the 1961 book of the same name written by Carter Brown. Much of the Rocky Horror creative team was involved. In addition to Richard O'Brien composing lyrics, Richard Hartley wrote, arranged, and directed the music while Brian Thomson designed and directed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:30 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Many thanks for upping this rip Shawn!

This transfer does sound MUCH better than the previous one that's was done years ago. It's at the right pitch and the tracks aren't clipped at the end.

Sadly the stereo channels are flipped for some reason (an oversight of the rippers??)---what is supposed to be in the right channel is in the left channel and vice versa.

I know it's probably just me--but I personally don't like the way the laser turntables take off so much high end and add so much noise reduction and EQ, but that's coming from a way-too-anal audiophile.

I'd offer a copy of my personal needledrop, but my LP is not in mint condition and there are some audible vinyl sounds present. I say this only because I know most listeners cannot stand to hear any noise whatsoever when they listen to a needledrop. I don't mind the sound of dirt and little pops/clicks/scratches as long as there are no skips. I cannot stand all the de-clicking and audio "cleaning" software that people employ in transferring vinyl because it always makes the recording sound too tinny and flat. (Truth be told, I actually love the vinyl sound just as much as I'd rather watch a scratchy old mono print of RHPS on film over DVD any day.)

Still, if anyone would like to hear a needledrop with less EQ to compare you can PM me and I'll send ya a copy.