Since I've been adding so many videos of late, I just wanted to highlight some of the more interesting (to me at least) bits.Rocky Horror Show
* 2008/09 European Tour Commercial
- A really nice 30-second TV spot for the current European production of RHS. "Reloaded by Richard O'Brien"Little Nell Topless... Again
* Lisztomania (1975)
- I'd seen this previously on VHS, but I hadn't realized the original film used such an extremely wide 2.35:1 aspect ratio. This was transferred from the widescreen laserdisc, so you can actually see everything that's going on. The film has not been released on DVD, though it looks like a Region 2 release is scheduled for May this year. Naturally Little Nell is topless for the entirety of her part in this film. And Ringo Starr was a pretty amusing casting choice for The Pope.
* Summer of Secrets (1976)
- Jim Sharman directed this Australian film and Little Nell actually has a co-starring role. This might prompt you to wonder if she was ever able to run around topless like she normally does, and sure enough here she is in a bathing scene.Richard O'Brien
* Spice World (1997)
- I'll admit that this movie is a guilty pleasure of mine, though I made a friend of mine buy theater tickets for me when it first came out since I was too embarrassed. This scene with Richard crawling up out of a toilet is so worth it, though...
* Elvira's Haunted Hills (2001)
- Richard plays Lord Vladimere Hellsubus, across from Elvira as his wife Elura. I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe when I first saw this particular flashback segment of the film, with Lord Hellsubus trying to cheer up his wife.
* Night Train (2009)
- Richard has a cross-dressing role as Mrs. Froy in this recent film.Hugely Upgraded
* Little Nell - I Wanna Be A Beauty Queen (1980)
- It's actually been released on DVD, believe it or not! Amazon has it now.
* Drew Carey Show - "New York And Queens" (1997)
- They still haven't released the second season on DVD, but I was able to find a much better source for this than the typical YouTube crap. If you haven't seen this before, Drew Carey and company decide to go see Rocky Horror but find that it's been replaced by The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert (which has its own cadre of costumed fans). A dance-off ensues between The Time Warp and Shake Your Groove Thing. I love things that combine multiple obsessions of mine!Other Film Clips
* Sebastiane (1976)
- Patricia Quinn, Peter Hinwood, and Little Nell all have cameos in this one scene. Peter Hinwood looks exactly the same as he did for Rocky Horror. Little Nell is really difficult to spot, for once (hint: she's not the one having her thigh stroked by Peter Hinwood... that's actually punk icon Jordan). Dialogue is in Latin, and the rest of the movie is devoted primarily to naked male soldiers cavorting with each other.
* Connie and Carla (2004)
- I completely love this film, written by Nia Vardalos ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding"). Really anybody who likes drag queens and musical theater (which should be just about everybody around here!) needs to watch this movie. It also happens to have this one drag queen audition skit done to The Time Warp.Other Television Clips
* The Brady Hour (with Paul Williams)
- That's right, the Brady Bunch had a variety hour program... briefly. In its final 1976 episode, Paul Williams turns up to sing "The Hell Of It" from 'Phantom of the Paradise'.
* That '70s Show - "Too Old to Trick or Treat, Too Young to Die"
- I kind of liked this Halloween 2000 episode. Fez is wearing a Dr. Frank-N-Furter costume for the entire episode... even when he's in a wheelchair. Most of the episode is actually a Hitchcock spoof though.
* Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - "Some of My Best Friends are Half-Mortal"
- Still a really crappy show, regardless of any Rocky Horror references. In this particular episode (also from 2000), Sabrina's aunt is apparently trying to hurry off to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Sabrina ends up in a Magenta costume. I'm sure the rest of the show was terrible... I didn't bother to check.