The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Someone forwarded me a link to this band, whose CD "Last Transmission From the Blue Room" includes a cover version of Science Fiction/Double Feature: http://www.myspace.com/theblackmathexperiment. I have a particular fondness for this sort of thing, and I noticed that the band was from Houston also (yay fellow Texans!). So I went ahead and ordered the CD through PayPal, for $10 plus shipping. It looks like it's also available through CD Baby: http://cdbaby.com/cd/blackmath2.

At any rate I finally get around to opening it the other day, and while I'm browsing through the attached album information what should I see but a picture of Jef Rouner ("Jef With One F") as one of their vocalists. As a frequent visitor of Rocky Horror in Houston, I knew Jef as a long-time performer down there with at least three different casts (After Midnight, Beautiful Creatures, Sadistic Pleasures). He went to the Frankie Goes To Hollywood Convention in 2001 also. I guess that explains the Rocky Horror cover song. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:18 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

The track itself is available for download via the iTunes music store, which is where I found it. Reminded me of the Me First And The Gimme Gimme cover, which is no bad thing.