The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 pm 
Techie
Techie

When I was in junior high, I bought a book at a local used book store called "Cosmic Light". It was a great little tell-all about the making of RHPS.

However, when I lost interest in Rocky, my collection went to various places, and so did "Cosmic Light." Now that I'm back on the Rocky scene in full force, I've tried to find that book, only to see that my stupid ass gave away something that was EXTREMELY RARE. I can't find a single copy of it, even on Amazon, where I've been able to find many RHPS gems.

Does anyone have a copy of "Cosmic Light" that they'd be willing to sell? Please contact me at knawdas@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I believe they printed one thousand copies, and that was the end of it. Most likely because Jim Whittaker paid a significant amount of money for the rights to republish the photos that were included, and I think their agreement probably only covered that run of one thousand. I wish I knew how to get ahold of the author, but the only reference to him that I could find within the past few years were some reviews he posted on Amazon. His old web site only said "There are no more copies available of this book. Sorry!". I noticed that even when it was still being actively sold, Jim Whittaker never actually posted on the Rocky Horror newsgroup... someone from his family did so for him. I've thought a few times about scanning and OCRing the book, since it's such a valuable (yet completely unavailable) resource.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 am 
Techie
Techie

Ugh.

God fucking dammit, I cannot believe how I could've been so stupid. I have a feeling I'll never see that book again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 am 
Techie
Techie

A girl from Ohio named Dawn is selling one of these right now. Steep price, but, well worth it due to the books scarcity:

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Dawn_Marie

I can vouch for her. She won't rip ya off.