The Musical World of Rocky Horror

RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 pm 
Techie
Techie

I know it's a long shot, but, it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks,
John Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 am 
Groupie
Groupie

sailorcartman wrote:
I know it's a long shot, but, it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks,
John Davey

Shoot, i'd kill to get the film. Does it have Once in a While? Super Heroes?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:41 am 
Techie
Techie

No, "Once In A While" only exists on film in bootleg form on 16mm (it was trasnfered from the dvd to 16mm film for a private film collector). Some 35mm prints of Rocky do have "Super Heroes" As far as I know, all film prints from countries other than the US will have Super Heroes. In the US, film prints containing Super Heroes were first released in 1985 for the 10th anniversary (IN MONO!!!!!!!), and then in 1990 when they released the *shudder* stereo prints. All US prints struck after 1990 include Super Heroes.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:43 am 
Techie
Techie

I have also been told that the very first US preview prints in 1975 had Superheroes but it was removed for general release. I have also been told that the very first general release of Rocky to theatre included Superheroes and it was not removed until it was re-released to the midnight circuit. I am not sure which is tru, I wasn;t there. Either way, Rocky print from the 70's would be faded by now.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 am 
Groupie
Groupie

Rocky was previewed WITH Superheroes in August 1975 and then removed for the September 1975 release. There was yet another removoval for the midnight circuit which not only removes Superheroes but also removes Science Fiction/Double Feature: Reprise. After the Criminologist shuts the door a few credits roll with no music. There are prints of these (or were).

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm 
Techie
Techie

I see, thats what I thought. However, I was unaware the Sept 75 release still included Sci Fi Reprise. Interesting. Either way, all of those early prints would be badly faded by now. Rocky was printed on eastman film stock and all eastman film stock fades.

I've never seen the the ending with only credits and no music. I do, however, have a 16 mm print which omits the cast pictures during the credits, but has time warp playing over the remaining credits (transylvanians, etc)