RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Hello All,

As I've found less and less interest in collecting RHPS memorabilia and more interest in collecting Star Wars stuff, I have slowly begun selling off the more interesting things I've accumulated over the last 27 years. I ran across one of these taking up space http://www.rockymusic.org/album/radio-spots.php and wonder if it can find a better home. I have no idea what this is worth and would be curious if anyone is willing to speculate. I'm not looking to gouge anyone but don't want to lowball (heh) myself. I understand something is only worth what buyer will pay but I'd like to have an idea ahead of time. Thanks all and fishnet dreams.
Cheers!
Will

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 am 
Groupie
Groupie

Oh these come up fairly often on ebay and at conventions. It's rare but not rare enough to get a lot of money.

I usually see these anywhere from $9.99 to $20-$25.

Not to mention the audio from this is available on this very site so you may have a hard time trying to sell it to those here. But it is worth collecting and it is a rare item alhough I wouldn't say sought after.

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:31 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Hi Will,

What other stuff do you have for sale? I'm always on the look out to add stuff to my Rocky Horror collection, can you please email me at: adam@frankiescloset.com

also check out my Rocky Horror merchandise store at: http://www.frankiescloset.com

cheers
Adam
:D

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:27 am 
Techie
Techie

Does the blank side of the record have a silver or pink label? The sliver label seems to be some kind of re-issue that became available in the early 90's. Is it a bootleg or an official repressing? I do not know. The ones with the pink label on the blank side are MUCH MORE scarce and I believe this to be the original pressing sent out to radio stations in the 70s. The pink one really won't be worth that much more because not that many people are interested in collecting different pressings of RH vinyl anymore. They're happy just to have a copy and don't care which one it is. I'd be interested if it has the pink label as I do not have that pressing of the radio spots. I'd like to know more about it's condition first though.

John

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am 
Groupie
Groupie

The pink label pressings are infact the original pressings by fox studios. one also exsists for shock treatment but much ahrder to find.

the silver ones or black and whites ones are a bootleg for fans and was an unofficial reprint. the pink label ones show up often on ebay.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm 
Techie
Techie

I am glad you confirmed my theory, thanks.

I wonder if the pink label ones have better fidelity then, since they were official. The silver label ones have a lot of distortion in them.

Theres a pressing with a black and white label as well? I was unawre.

Also didnt know about the radio spots for Shock Treatment. I'll have to search for that.