RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:54 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

You do NOT censor Rocky.

If your fragile little eighth grade minds, and a room full of god damned adults, can't handle the subjects of sexuality, then stick to Sound of Music.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:07 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

censoring The Rocky Horror Show is UnAmerican.

DON'T do it! if those kids aren't mature enough to understand or get the jokes or the words used then they shouldn't be doing it. why is this even an issue and why was it even brought up?

Rocky Horror is a comedy for mature understanding individuals not juveniles.

this is rediculous. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PLAYS YOUR SCHOOL COULD DO. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUTCHER ALTER OR BASTARDIZE ROCKY HORROR JUST BECAUSE GLEE MADE IT POPULAR FOR A SHORT WHILE.

FIND ANOTHER SHOW TO DO OR DO ROCKY CORRECTLY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:58 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

^Right.

Might I add, kids can see half-naked chicks washing themselves with Budweiser in advert campaigns; they can see gay kissing in shows like Queer as Folk; but when Transvestites come out and sing, shit goes CRAZY, and the moral fabric of society goes into tatters.

Christ. Most of the shit on television is overtly sexual, usually to sell a pack of gum or something. Rocky doesn't have anything on Double Mint Gum commercials.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:44 am 
Virgin
Virgin

I agree, if one has to 'completely" rewrite RHPS for a Jr. high production; y'all don't need to be doing one in the first place. First off, the company that OWNS the rights to this play already have enough restrictions on it in the first place. Secondly, they may not even grant the rights to the middle in school in question due to the ages of the students there. Thirdly, in the end this middle school may not even put on a production because there would be more harm than good come out of it. Don't get me wrong, in my 8th grade year of Jr. High, I strongly contemplated on sneaking in a copy of RHPS and putting it in the main DVD player that would broadcast it all throughout my school because I was in the A/V club and had access to that room. My mom LOL at that but in the end I didn't do it because I really wanted to maintain a clean record....LOL. That aside, I do strongly support the notion of a Jr. High putting on a production of RHPS but lets face it; this will very rarely happen. Kudos for the attempt though! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 am 
Groupie
Groupie

what rhymes with trust? okay, i'm stumped too...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:48 am 
Groupie
Groupie

Observer101 wrote:
I agree, if one has to 'completely" rewrite RHPS for a Jr. high production; y'all don't need to be doing one in the first place. First off, the company that OWNS the rights to this play already have enough restrictions on it in the first place. Secondly, they may not even grant the rights to the middle in school in question due to the ages of the students there. Thirdly, in the end this middle school may not even put on a production because there would be more harm than good come out of it. Don't get me wrong, in my 8th grade year of Jr. High, I strongly contemplated on sneaking in a copy of RHPS and putting it in the main DVD player that would broadcast it all throughout my school because I was in the A/V club and had access to that room. My mom LOL at that but in the end I didn't do it because I really wanted to maintain a clean record....LOL. That aside, I do strongly support the notion of a Jr. High putting on a production of RHPS but lets face it; this will very rarely happen. Kudos for the attempt though! :)
lolz!!! :lmao:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm 
Slut
Slut

willowfaierie wrote:
what rhymes with trust? okay, i'm stumped too...

Lust, must, bust, just, dust, fussed, cussed, crust, rust

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:04 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

We're just doing a tribute called "rocky horror show: school edition."

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:59 am 
Groupie
Groupie

How about we STOP bastardizing this great production and keep it intact. TO CENSOR OR CHANGE THEATRE PRODUCTIONS is MOST absurd

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 am 
Virgin
Virgin

autoamerican wrote:
How about we STOP bastardizing this great production and keep it intact. TO CENSOR OR CHANGE THEATRE PRODUCTIONS is MOST absurd

But there was a completely bastardized school edition of Grease!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:03 am 
Groupie
Groupie

and does thta make it OK? It still was most absurd and isn't even worth mentioning here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 am 
Virgin
Virgin

BeautyQueen wrote:
willowfaierie wrote:
lyrics that need to be changes:
"give yourself over to absolute pleasure..."

I don't really see anything wrong with that...but if I think of something I'll let you know.

I have a line you could use rather than "his creation hasn't been controlled" instead of "my libido hasn't been controlled." Why not "But somebody should be told/My desires haven't been controlled"?

As a side-note, when I first saw RHPS, I didn't even know what a libido was...

how about "erotic nightmares beyond any measure"?