RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

John Davey was kind enough to share some rare videos with the site:

• Little Nell "Do The Swim" - Nell has her famous swimsuit 'wardrobe malfunction' (several times... you just can't keep the girl covered) while performing part of "Do The Swim", in 1975 during the closing credits for an episode of "The London Weekend Show". This is the original uncensored version of the video, which was shown as an outtake on the 1977 BBC show "It'll Be Alright on the Night". The clip made the rounds in the U.S. as well, including "TV's Bloopers & Practical Jokes" with Dick Clark.
  • Little Nell "Stilettos and Lipstick" - This song is from the same episode of "The London Weekend Show", and is performed in its entirety. Nell makes her entrance from a giant shoe...:-)
  • Meat Loaf "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" - A promotional music video for the 1992 film "Leap of Faith", in which Meat Loaf plays Hoover the bus driver. The song is also featured on the soundtrack album. In this video, Meat Loaf parodies his role as Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show by performing in an Eddie costume in front of a movie screen that is playing his original Paradise By The Dashboard Light video.

Many thanks to John for sharing those rarities! Posted a few other video clips today also, including Little Nell's SNL cameo and two Timbiriche videos of them performing "Baile del Sapo" (a Spanish language version of "The Time Warp").

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:44 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

I'm not sure if it is just my computer, but these clips come out kind of jerky. is it just me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

They look fine to me. Jerkiness can be either not enough bandwidth (i.e. it's "jerky" because it keeps waiting for the next portion of the video to be downloaded) or because your computer isn't fast enough to keep up with the video. If it's the former, then you can just pause the video and wait for it to download most of it before hitting play again (it'll keep downloading in the background and you can see at the bottom of the viewer how far it's gotten).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:38 pm 
Techie
Techie

No Shawn,

Thank You for hosting this fantastic site, and the Timbierche videos. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:51 am 
Groupie
Groupie

Hello, thanks for the wonderful site, however NONE of the video clips seem to be working.
Are they best viewed by a particular browser or have they all been removed?

Specifically trying to view the Little Nell London Weekend Show performance of Stilletoes and Lipstick. Cannot view it anywhere and I know
John Davey had graciously lent the video to this site

is there any other way to view it?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:16 am 
Virgin
Virgin

In my experience, the problem largely seems to be in Chrome or Chrome-based browsers.