The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: Lots of new sound files
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Entire Shows
* 1987 UK Tour of The Rocky Horror Show - A very good audience recording from the June 16th, 1987 performance of the Theatre Royal Hanley Tour in Leeds. This was one of the productions where they started trying to make the show more like a rock concert, with laser effects and such. Has a very enjoyable eight minute long medley at the end of the show.
* Horror Aid 1988 with Richard O'Brien - Not a particularly good audience recording unfortunately, and they seemed to be having problems with their sound system on top of that. "Kill the sound engineer" is one line that CAN be heard very clearly from the audience. Damian performs a couple versions of The Time Warp (plus some random disco track). Then Richard O'Brien comes out with his acoustic guitar to play songs from Shock Treatment and The Stripper, among others. 'Rhythm of the Heartbeat' from Disgracefully Yours is played here a full four years before the Mephistopheles Smith character would make his debut at the Transylvania 1992 convention. Two of the songs Richard plays I've never come across anywhere else: "Feminist at Heart" and "You're Just A Cousin Of Mine" (a song about incest).
* 2005 Peruvian Cast of Hedwig and the Angry Inch ("Hedwig y la Pulgada Furiosa") - In Spanish. Performing as Hedwig is Giovanni Ciccia, who a few years earlier played Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the 2001 Peruvian Cast of The Rocky Horror Show - the reverse of what iOTA would later do in Australia.

Promotional Tracks
* 2007 Cloven Hooves Tour of Mephistopheles Smith - Four tracks from this UK revival, with Tim Driesen as the title character. Also worked into the show was Anyhow, Anyhow from Shock Treatment (with the location changed from Denton, U.S.A. to Brighton, U.K.).
* 2008/09 European Tour of The Rocky Horror Show - Two full tracks plus a Time Warp teaser (the "play out" version). Chances are looking good so far for a cast album... we'll have to wait and see.

Cover Albums
* Shock Treatment by Marc With A C - Solo cover versions of most of the Shock Treatment songs, in "retro low-fi". Very enjoyable overall. If you previously downloaded these tracks from The Shock Treatment Network, you should note that these are upgraded 320 kbps MP3s.
* Filthy Horror Show - A free online album released on Halloween 2007 by Filthy Little Angels, with various artists covering all the Rocky Horror songs. I can't say that I care much for it myself, overall. Your mileage may vary.

Live Cover Songs
* Sweet Transvestite (1984-12-31) by IQ - 5:11, 250 kbps stereo MP3, 9.3 MB. Live from their New Year's Eve 1984 concert at The Marquee Club in London.
* Time Warp (1994-11-27) by Jeff Buckley - 2:03, 200 kbps 32.0kHz stereo MP3, 2.9 MB. Kind of a sarcastic parody cover of The Time Warp. Performed live at The Valley Art Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona on November 27th, 1994.
* Sweet Transvestite (2007-08-18) by Marc With A C - 4:23, 203 kbps stereo MP3, 6.4 MB. "Retro low-fi". Recorded live on August 18th, 2007 at Stardust in Orlando, Florida.

Miscellaneous
* Richard O'Brien's Pig In Boots (2008-12-04) - 1:05:53, 128 kbps 48.0kHz stereo MP3, 60.3 MB. Written by Richard O'Brien. Kind of a dark and subversive take on the traditional Christmas pantomime. Recorded as an audio play with live performers and sound effects. Richard was in Australia at the time, and not able to attend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:27 am 

2008 Australian cast ''promoted'' on the site is not the actual aussie cast. It's from other cast recordings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ah! You're right, I suddenly recognize the '98 London recording now. My apologies, I'm not as good at "name that cast" as I used to be when I listened to all of the cast albums more regularly. Thanks for the catch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:32 pm 

Wish there was a real cast recording. definitely best cast ever :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:33 pm 
Techie
Techie

I'm never getting my Damian Time Warps, am I? :-P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I actually have the PWL Extended Remix on 12" vinyl now... and a bunch of them still sitting on a cassette tape somewhere that Bruce made. But no, still nothing more in digital form than what I've already posted (there have been some recent additions):

http://www.rockymusic.org/tags/Damian.php

I just recently got one of my old videotapes transferred to DVD though, and it looks pretty damn good I think. You'll never guess which title I chose to have converted to inflict on people in the Internet age...:p I'd like to get a number of old videotapes, cassettes, and some vinyl transferred to digital mediums. I just have to figure out which outfits I want to use, since there's a wide range of costs depending on how much work they actually put into cleaning things up, separating out tracks, and similar. Then budget some money for it each month of course. I realize I could do it myself, but that'd involve investment in legacy equipment that I won't really need beyond transferring a few things. Same reason I didn't replace my film/slide scanner when it stopped working, since it costs all of $0.50 per frame or so to have a service scan it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:38 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Hey Shawn,
my RH Vinyl-collection is very close to complete and I have everything converted to mp3 or WAVs already! So you better save your money! If there´s anything you need let me know and we´ll manage it somehow!
Also have tons of Videos...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 am 
Virgin
Virgin

@Lazenby:
I´ll post a DL-Link for some Damian´s Versions soon! :-)
Watch out for it...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Rocky Horror Show Cast Albums
* 1992 Australian Cast - This tends to be a love it or hate it type of cast album, as it features some of the most original music arrangements of recent memory. Unfortunately it seems to be hopelessly out of print now (even used copies appear to be selling in the $50 - $150 range).
* 2001 Korean Cast - Performed primarily in Korean, though English is mixed in to various tracks and for some reason Science Fiction/Double Feature is entirely in English. Its reprise is actually song twice effectively, in Korean and then again in English.

Live Shows
* Rocky over the Rainbow (contributed by Justin "Muzzle" Carpenter) - This is a good quality audience recording of a unique parody production, put on at the Watertorenstudio in Amsterdam in the Summer of 2001. All songs are performed in English, but the vast majority of dialogue is in Dutch (so a lot of the humor goes over my head I'm afraid). The basic premise is that Dorothy and the Lion from The Wizard of Oz are in a dark forest, where they encounter 'Bradley' and 'Janette' from The Rocky Horror Show. What follows is a fusion of the songs from both worlds, with "Tomorrow" from Annie thrown in at the end for good measure. Pretty bizarre.
* Meat Loaf live at The Bottom Line (1977-11-29) - One of the earliest Meat Loaf shows, recorded from a FM broadcast by WNEW radio. Meat Loaf says during the performance that he thinks it's about their eleventh show together. Naturally all the songs are from the Bat Out Of Hell album, with a fabulous cover of River Deep - Mountain High (originally recorded by Tina Turner) thrown in. Jim Steinman himself plays piano for the show, and Karla DeVito sings the female vocals.
* Meat Loaf live in Düsseldorf, Germany (1999-04-24) - An extremely good audience recording of a phenomenal show lasting a full two and a half hours, with multiple encores and many many cover songs (some impromptu). Songs by The Beatles, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Joan Jett, Warren Zevon, and Merle Travis are covered, with Neverland Express band members taking lead vocals for a couple of them. Meat is clearly having a fabulous time here. Lead female vocals are by Patti Russo, with Pearl Aday (Meat Loaf's daughter) singing backup.

Hedwing and the Angry Inch Live Cover Songs
* Angry Inch by The Tubes (2009-03-13) - 4:23, 237 kbps stereo MP3, 7.4 MB (23.6 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Wicked Little Town by Bockman's Euphio (2004-04-11) - 4:10, 222 kbps stereo MP3, 6.6 MB (21.5 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Wig in a Box by Bockman's Euphio (2004 through 2006) - Performed live numerous times. Bockman's Euphio is a Missouri band.

Miscellaneous
* Science Fiction Double Feature by Bad Whoremoans - 3:51, 192 kbps stereo MP3, 5.3 MB. Gothic punk cover version. A studio recording they seem to be distributing on Demonoid.
* Rocky Horror (The Anticipation/Participation Megamix) by Sisters In Stockings - 7:14, 235 kbps stereo MP3, 12.2 MB. A mega mix of songs from the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack and Audience Par-tic-i-pation album. Originally released in 1991 by DMC.
* Scary Monsters & Super Freaks - 31:58, 128 kbps stereo MP3, 29.3 MB. "If you're a freak or a geek, if you're strange or deranged, if you feel like an outsider then come along, climb aboard... for I would like, if I may, to take you on a very strange journey." A BBC audio documentary about Scissor Sisters, narrated by Richard O'Brien.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'd been looking for this one for awhile! I just knew there had to be a live recording of it somewhere:

Live Cover Songs
* Science Fiction/Double Feature (2004-08-11) by Joan Jett - 4:40, 238 kbps MP3, 7.9 MB (22.8 MB lossless FLAC also available). Live at Oakdale Theater in Wallingford, Connecticut on August 11th, 2004.

It actually combines both Science Fiction/Double Feature and its Reprise into a single song. I'm still on the hunt for a live recording of Sebastian Bach performing "Monkey Business/Time Warp" at a solo show in the same 2002-2004 timeframe.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Karaoke
* Pocket Songs You Sing The Hits (contributed by Shawn Colton) - 1991 Rocky Horror karaoke tracks released on cassette tape only. Only actually includes five songs though (SF/DF, Time Warp, Sweet T, Hot Patootie, I'm Going Home). Side A has the songs with background music on the left channel and guide vocals on the right channel, while Side B has the songs (in reverse order) with stereo background music only. The song order is reversed on Side B so that if you flip the tape at any point, it will be on the same song.

Live Shows
* 1980s Munich, Germany School Chorus (contributed by Jochen B.) - Very clear live recording. A school chorus in the late 1980s performs all of the Rocky Horror Show music (in English). Soloists are used for most of the lead parts with the chorus singing backup. However the full chorus is used as lead in a couple places like Time Warp and Wild And Untamed Thing. Decent show overall.
* 1992 Umsonst & Draußen Festival in Würzburg, Germany (contributed by Jochen B.) - A decent live audience recording. This was an open-air free music festival, featuring a live rock band performing all of the Rocky Horror Picture Show music (in English). There's actually a good amount of audience callback lines, also in English.

Damian "Time Warp" (all contributed by Jochen B.)
* Time Warp (Radio Edit) - 3:24, 262 kbps MP3, 6.4 MB (21.2 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Time Warp (PWL Remix) - 4:05, 262 kbps MP3, 7.6 MB (28.5 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Time Warp (Zomba Productions Original Version) - 5:58, 260 kbps MP3, 11.1 MB (39.7 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Time Warp (PWL Extended Remix) - 7:46, 266 kbps MP3, 14.8 MB (55.2 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Time Warp II (Brand New Version) - 4:21, 270 kbps MP3, 8.4 MB (31.2 MB lossless FLAC also available).
* Time Warp II (Ultra Extended Version) - 9:34, 168 kbps MP3, 11.5 MB (30.7 MB lossless FLAC also available).

Rocky Horror Cover Versions (all contributed by Jochen B.)
* Time Warp (1999 Live Version) by Darlington - 3:27, 192 kbps MP3, 4.7 MB. Punk cover version performed live in Dallas, Texas.
* Touch Me by Debria Brown - 3:00, 255 kbps MP3, 5.5 MB (18.5 MB lossless FLAC also available). Magenta stage performer in 1983/84 Vienna, Austria production of The Rocky Horror Show who released this on a 1984 vinyl single, backed with an instrumental version of same.
* Touch Me (Instrumental) by Debria Brown - 3:00, 254 kbps MP3, 5.4 MB (18.1 MB lossless FLAC also available). Instrumental version of above.
* Planet Schmanet, Janet by Easy Big Fella - 3:37, 160 kbps MP3, 4.1 MB. Ska band from Seattle, Washington.
* Time Warp by Lou & The Hollywood Bananas - 3:15, 251 kbps MP3, 5.8 MB (21.4 MB lossless FLAC also available). Francis "Lou" Deprijck with Helena and Heidi. This track was also released in French as "Troisième Dimension". Both were released on vinyl singles in 1981, backed with "Big Bad Wolf".

Miscellaneous
* Check Up On The Time Warp (Beyoncé vs. The Rocky Horror Picture Show) by DJ Clive$ter - 3:49, 192 kbps MP3, 5.3 MB. A mash-up by DJ Clive$ter of Beyoncé "Check On It" (featuring Slim Thug) with Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack.
* Janet Is Cheap by Anonymous (contributed by Jochen B.) - 8:40, 232 kbps MP3, 14.4 MB (46.4 MB lossless FLAC also available). A 1980s era remix using numerous dialogue samples from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Also because it's not exactly obvious, the French language version of The Time Warp ("Troisième Dimension") by Lou & The Hollywood Bananas is actually available as a digital download MP3 from Amazon currently:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001N2UV4Y/

I have not seen the English language version available officially though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:41 pm 
Techie
Techie

Thank you very much for the new Damian!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 pm 

Anybody have the multitrack stems from theguitar hero dlc???

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

[quote="Riff Raff"]
* [url=http://www.rockymusic.org/mp3scat/st-covers-marc/]Shock Treatment by Marc With A C[/url] - Solo cover versions of most of the Shock Treatment songs, in "retro low-fi". Very enjoyable overall. If you previously downloaded these tracks from The Shock Treatment Network, you should note that these are upgraded 320 kbps MP3s.
[/quote]

Just posted over here (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1012) that this is coming out on a limited vinyl run!