RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:08 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Hi Everyone,
I've found this from the Kings Head Theatre run of Shock Treatment the cast is as follows:
Nic Lamont - Nation McKinley
Adam Rhys-Davies - Cosmo McKinley
Mateo Oxley - Ralph Hapschatt
Rosanna Hyland - Betty Hapschatt
Mark Little - Farley Flavors
Julie Atherton - Janet Majors
Ben Kerr - Brad Majors

As you can see the cast has been stripped down and a few of the Major Characters are missing but it's still worth a listen.

https://mega.nz/#!b4A0nSwZ!Kz4udZ7ueElJ ... hMuqdbsz98

New link added above

Last edited by paulad35uk on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:12 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:40 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

paulad35uk wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I've found this from the Kings Head Theatre run of Shock Treatment the cast is as follows:
Nic Lamont - Nation McKinley
Adam Rhys-Davies - Cosmo McKinley
Mateo Oxley - Ralph Hapschatt
Rosanna Hyland - Betty Hapschatt
Mark Little - Farley Flavors
Julie Atherton - Janet Majors
Ben Kerr - Brad Majors

As you can see the cast has been stripped down and a few of the Major Characters are missing but it's still worth a listen.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dy5skx

I've thanked you on private message and I shall thank you on here too. I was hoping a lot more people on here would be thanking you too. But it looks like they've all disappeared! I was absolutely gutted that I couldn't attend this show as I wanting to see it as an early birthday present, but I fell ill and couldn't go. Now it's a year on and here it is on bootleg exactly a week before my birthday! What a fantastic birthday present to have! You've made one Rocky/Shocky fan very happy indeed :)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:46 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Hi Chris
Thanks for getting back to me. The thanks are appreciated but not necessary. I posted it to enhance the wealth of material available on the site. It's an amazing resource for anyone interested in Rocky Horror or Shock Treatment and any other related shows.
I'm sorry I couldn't oblige any sooner than I did.
I will say it's not my bootleg I received it second hand, although I did see the show with this cast. I didn't enjoy Mark Little's performance as Farley Flavours his vocals weren't good enough.
I enjoyed it for what it was, but missed some of the more prominent characters from the film like Bert Schnick.
I hope you enjoy listening to it and have a great birthday.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:27 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

paulad35uk wrote:
Hi Chris
Thanks for getting back to me. The thanks are appreciated but not necessary. I posted it to enhance the wealth of material available on the site. It's an amazing resource for anyone interested in Rocky Horror or Shock Treatment and any other related shows.
I'm sorry I couldn't oblige any sooner than I did.
I will say it's not my bootleg I received it second hand, although I did see the show with this cast. I didn't enjoy Mark Little's performance as Farley Flavours his vocals weren't good enough.
I enjoyed it for what it was, but missed some of the more prominent characters from the film like Bert Schnick.
I hope you enjoy listening to it and have a great birthday.

I've seen Ralf Little a few times and I must say I've never found much talent in the man. However, I enjoyed what they did with the plot. I think having fewer characters actually worked and simplified things, they could even removed Farley as it seemed he was barely in it. Judging by this bootleg alone the band could have filled out a bit better with more musicians. It sounds a little thin at times. How did it sound at the time? I think Adam Rhys-Davies tried to play Cosmo a little "Riff-Raffish", which I loved. But then other times I heard him completely drop the accent. Still, it sounds like he's one of the better actors there. Janet could have been made a bit more raunchier. Nic Lamont also sounds very Patricia Quinn at times! She was a very good casting choice! I don't think I'll be listening to it again, but it's a good add to the collection and I'm glad that they remade it for the stage. It needed to be done!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:37 am 
Virgin
Virgin

I think they tried to get sound alikes on the whole as yes Nic Lamont does sound like Patricia Quinn and Adam Rhys Davies did put on an accent very similar to Richard O'Brien although he sounds nothing like that normally.
I think you may be getting Ralf Little and Mark Little mixed up Mark Little is the Australian comedian best known as Joe Mangel in Neighbours. He's done a lot of reality tv voice overs and standup. I saw him in Boy George's Taboo as Leigh Bowery which he didn't make too bad a job of, but as Farley Flavours he sucked.
Ralf Little was in The Royle Family & Two Pints of Lager.
I get what you mean with the band but The Kings Head Theatre is only a small place I'm not sure of the seating but not more than 100 i'd have thought and the stage isn't massive. the actors and musicians are a bit in your face.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

paulad35uk wrote:
I think they tried to get sound alikes on the whole as yes Nic Lamont does sound like Patricia Quinn and Adam Rhys Davies did put on an accent very similar to Richard O'Brien although he sounds nothing like that normally.
I think you may be getting Ralf Little and Mark Little mixed up Mark Little is the Australian comedian best known as Joe Mangel in Neighbours. He's done a lot of reality tv voice overs and standup. I saw him in Boy George's Taboo as Leigh Bowery which he didn't make too bad a job of, but as Farley Flavours he sucked.
Ralf Little was in The Royle Family & Two Pints of Lager.
I get what you mean with the band but The Kings Head Theatre is only a small place I'm not sure of the seating but not more than 100 i'd have thought and the stage isn't massive. the actors and musicians are a bit in your face.

Haha I completely made a balls up there. That is what happens when you watch too much Royle Family! But I have seen Mark Little on Neighbours, The Wright Stuff and in a few theatre productions...I think I even saw him at Rhyl Panto last Christmas! I like him as a person, but I don't think he has much talent. He certainly can't sing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:52 am 
Virgin
Virgin

I can't believe what I'm reading. His singing is amazing! It puts me to sleep every time. lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

:lmao:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:15 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Can anyone re-upload this bootleg? I'm dying to hear the reimagined show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:13 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

darquegk wrote:
Can anyone re-upload this bootleg? I'm dying to hear the reimagined show.

+1
I've searched high and low for this! can a kind soul please log on for a sec and upload it for us? thanks :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Sorry guys it took me a long time to find this again I thought I'd lost it for good.
All the cast information and some production photos are in the file too.

https://mega.nz/#!b4A0nSwZ!Kz4udZ7ueElJ ... hMuqdbsz98

Last edited by paulad35uk on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:06 am 
Virgin
Virgin

paulad35uk wrote:
Sorry guys it took me a long time to find this again I thought I'd lost it for good.
All the cast information and some production photos are in the file too.

https://mega.nz/#!esZ2UQwS!KqRFGJaRjVLM ... 9uEotlrGoM

Thanks soooo much!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 am 
Virgin
Virgin

You're welcome glad I found it again :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:27 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Just registered to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this!!

I was at two performances of this production, I fell in love with it and am gutted that it never got a West End transfer or cast recording. I never dreamed I’d find this though - I am truly over the moon. I am waiting until tomorrow to listen to it in peace so I can give it my full attention, but just hearing the opening bars of the overture has got me giddy in antici... well, you know :nod:

I thought Mark Little had good stage presence even though his singing voice was not quite to my taste. Later performances had Pete Gallagher in the role (who many will remember as a past Eddie/Doctor Scott) who was incredible - a completely different character with a strong singing voice to match.

I think back fondly on this Shock Treatment production, and am so grateful to you for making more tangible memories possible.

Hoopla, @paulad35uk !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:37 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Hi Chuckie J

I never got to see Pete Gallagher in the role I would have loved to see the difference. Or more so hear the difference. I hope you enjoy the recording all the same
Paul