RockyMusic

The Musical World of Rocky Horror
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: Blu Ray mono track
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:00 am 
Groupie
Groupie

I've tried to search here but found nothing: sorry if this is a much-covered topic. So I'm a fan of the mono track and the mono track only. To me, it's the only "authentic" track for the movie. I can go on and on about what's wrong with the various stereo versions, but you probably don't want me to put you to sleep with that.

Anyway, I just broke down and bought a Blu-Ray player. Of course Rocky Horror was one of my first purchases. And the @#((*!!! mono track is screwed up!!! I'd watched it at a friend's about a year ago and had totally forgotten this: starting with "Superheroes" it just switches to the stereo track and maintains it to the end. Meaning the instrumental Time Warp is the song minus the vocals, not the different version played in the mono mix (which can also be heard in the distance when Brad and Janet first enter the castle). Kept checking: still set to mono mix, yes? Yes. But not the mono mix.

Anyone else notice this or know if it is going to remedied in future releases of the Blu-Ray? If this topic has been covered already, can you link me to where?

The audio problems with Rocky never die, do they? They are like boarder disputes that flare up again just when you thought they'd disappeared for good. (Stole that analogy from Pauline Kael.)

Post subject: Re: Blu Ray mono track
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:17 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Well, technically, the hidden music and effects track on the Blu-ray contains the original Time Warp exit music.

Post subject: Re: Blu Ray mono track
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

that version is on a bunch of releases. the original vhs from 1990 had that version at the end granted it was pseudo stereo but it was still the original exit music.

its on the dvd too isn't it?